welcome back, Huntington. I’m here in your inbox today to tell you everything you need to know about what’s going on around town. Enjoy…
First, today’s weather:
Times of clouds and sun. High: 85 low: 71.
Here are the top 3 stories in Huntington today:
- Pets available for adoption at local shelters. Take a look at these adorable animals up for adoption at Huntington area shelters. Meet Peanut, Lemongrass, and more this week. If you see a potential pet that catches your eye, click on their picture to learn more about them and consider adopting today. (Huntington Patch)
- Check out who’s hiring this week in the Huntington area. In our weekly collab with ZipRecruiter, you can check out all the companies hiring locally in and around Huntington. If you see a job that interests you, click on it for more information and apply! (Huntington Patch)
- ICYMI: The Next Chapter has found its permanent home. The Book Revue successor will be located at 204 New York Ave., right next to Stella Blue Bistro. The Next Chapter’s Mallory Braun said there is no timetable on an opening date, as the building needs some work. There will still be pop-up sales in the meantime, which we will keep you updated on here at Patch. (Huntington Now)
Today in Huntington:
- Toothy Tuesdays: Shark Tooth Excavation Workshop—The Whaling Museum. (2 p.m.)
- Maintain & Sustain Event — Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce. (5:30 pm)
- The Winning of Barbara Worth: VIRTUAL Anything but Silent — with live accompaniment by Ben Model. (7 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Huntington Manor Fire Department Fan Page: “The Huntington Manor Fire Department would like to thank our community and everyone who came to our fair for their support. Thank you the Huntington Community First Aid Squad for being there every night and providing EMS services.” (Huntington Manor Fire Department Fan Page via Facebook)
- Huntington Union Free School District: the Class of 1971 presented $6,000 in scholarships to eight different students of the Class of 2022. See who received scholarships in the link. (Huntington Union Free School District via Facebook)
- South Huntington Public Library: The library moved into their building at 145 Pidgeon Hill Road 18 years ago. Happy birthday to them! (South Huntington Public Library via Facebook)
- Huntington Union Free School District: fall sports tryouts and practices begin on Aug. 22. See what teams are doing to prepare for the season in the link. (Huntington Union Free School District via Facebook)
- Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce: the Chamber of Commerce celebrated the grand opening of their newest member, Nice Day Chinese. See photos from the event in the link. Stop by Nice Day Chinese at 441 Walt Whitman Road in Melville. (Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- The Liverpool Shuffle — A Free Outdoor Concert (July 27)
- “SIX Totally Rules!” Get Tickets to Broadway’s Tony Award®-Winning “Euphoric Celebration!” (July 29)
- Add your event
That’s it for today! See you all tomorrow morning for another update.
— Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! I’m Andrew and I have been a Huntington resident for 7 years. I have lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, traveling, stand-up paddle boarding, and of course going to restaurants and events throughout Huntington!
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Huntington Daily? Contact me at Huntington@Patch.com