Getting a sneak peek at Lupita Nyong’o’s closet is a Marvel-level-dreamed-up fantasy for most. But, for makeup artist Nick Barose, it’s a reality. Nyong’o’s stylist Micaela Erlanger showed Barose the beautiful rainbow dress by designer Alfredo Martinez which inspired him to create a fresh face with a pop of berry lips to kickstart her Black Panther: Wakanda Forever press tour at Comic-Con this past Sunday. “It’s all in the skin glow with soft smoky, plummy eyes,” Barose tells ELLE.com.
“We used Lancôme Hypnôse Eyeshadow Palette in Reflet d’Amethyst, our favorite plummy-toned palette this summer, which is a good alternative for warmer seasons because it’s not too dark like black or brown would be, and it pairs well with bright colors. ”
Barose planning began the glam weeks ago and even plotted to incorporate some easter eggs for the film’s plot with purple and violet tones that have significance in the upcoming release. (No spoilers!)
Here’s how to recreate the glam at home:
- Start with the complexion—prep with Lancôme’s Genefique Serum to smooth and plump.
- For foundation, Barose used Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation in shade 560 and the Teint Idole Ultra Wear Concealer in 550 under her eyes and anywhere else that needed extra coverage.
- Then, Barose followed with Lancôme’s Dual Finish Powder in 550.
- Lastly, I have finished the complexion with a bit of blush: Lancôme Blush Subtil in Keep Calm n Blush.
- For the eyes, I used the Lancôme Hypnose Palette in Reflet d’Amethyste, creating a subtle purple smokey effect.
- Then, I added Lancôme’s Drama Liqui-Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner in Purple Cabaret to line the eyes, and a few swipes of Lancôme Lash Idole for the perfect flirty finish.
- On the lips, Barose lined them first with Lancôme Le Lip Linder in Amandelle and finished with a swipe of Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge in Moderato—the perfect berry shade—to complete the look.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io