Hello everybody. I’m back in your inbox this morning with the most important things happening in Buckhead these days.
First, today’s weather:
A t-storm around in the pm. High: 92 Low: 73.
Here are the top three stories in Buckhead today:
- Following the recent shooting of outside a lounge in Atlanta’s wealthy Buckhead neighborhood, a shaken hip-hop community is seeking solutions to the city’s escalating violence. Other recent deaths, acts of violence, and legal scandals are causing music veterans and rising stars to come together and make a change. This citywide conversation is geared toward creating a more hopeful future for Atlanta. (rolling stone)
- Westside Capital Group, a real estate investment holding firm based in Miami, has acquired The Lofts at Twenty25 in a Buckhead neighborhood for $136 Million. The landmark is a 16-story residential tower that was originally built in 1951 and completely redeveloped in 2021 as a new building. The property caters to renters seeking an upscale, experiential living experience in Buckhead and Midtown. (MultifamilyBiz.com)
- Anyone looking for a furry friend in Buckhead should consider adopting a pet from one of the shelters in the area. New dogs and cats were added this week from animal rescue organizations around buckhead. There are several great animals searching for loving homes. (Buckhead Patch)
Today in Buckhead:
- Luke Combs Pre-Party feat. Adam Church At Buckhead Theater (8:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Buckhead residents can head to the Harmony Park Farmers Market this Saturday morning for locally farmed produce, eggs, meat, baked goods, jams and pickles, cutting boards, cast iron, art, jewelry, decor, and more. Just a short 25-minute drive away from Buckhead, the market is family-friendly, and dogs are welcome! (Harmony Park Farmers Market via Facebook)
- is now open for applications! The nonprofit organization provides a magical, all-expenses-paid, five-day journey to to children with chronic and terminal illnesses. Interested families can now apply to join its 20th trip of a lifetime in 2023! (Simply Buckhead via Facebook)
- The Fulton County Library System is asking patrons to share their feedback about their experience with the library. patterns can take the library patron survey and share their input about programs, events, the digital library, books, and materials. (Fulton County Library System via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
That’s it for today. I’ll catch up with you bright and early tomorrow morning with another update!
— Danielle Fallon-O’Leary
About me: Danielle Fallon-O’Leary is a senior writer with content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and assists Patch.com with community newsletter curation. Danielle also holds a Master’s Degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders and works part-time as a pediatric speech therapist.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Buckhead Daily? Contact me at Buckhead@Patch.com